Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Bed!

For years, I have suffered from upper-backaches and I usually don't sleep through the night without waking up a few times.  I've always chalked it up to having a large chest and a genetic predisposition to being a light sleeper (my mom frequently got up in the middle of the night to read because she couldn't sleep) (she also had big boobs) (that was probably TMI).  My tossing and turning isn't insomnia - I'll wake up, change position, and go right back to sleep.  Often I'm woken up because my left hand has gone numb from sleeping on it the wrong way, so I wait a few minutes til the feeling has come back and then go right back to sleep. 

A couple weeks ago I stayed at a Novotel in the UK.  Although this is a budget hotel chain, every room had a Tempurpedic mattress, and I had the best night's sleep I've had in years!  No tossing and turning and I woke up only once during the night.  My hand never went numb and my whole body felt great when I got up in the morning.  And all this in a hotel room - I never sleep well in hotels!  When I got home to my own bed (which is nice and fluffy and really quite comfortable, mind you) the backache came back and I had a hard time sleeping through the night again.

Yesterday I decided enough was enough.  We ordered a Tempurpedic mattress yesterday and it comes today!  I can't wait to try it out - the salesman warned us that it might take a couple nights to get used to, but both of us found the floor model really comfortable so I think we'll be OK.  I'll report back in a couple days with the results. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment