Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, January 29, 2010

Pat Pat Pat

The other day I realized that I have been doing 45-minute strength training workouts twice a week with Rena for about eight months.  Without question, that is the longest I have ever stuck with a fitness routine - normally I abandon my workouts as soon as my eating patterns slide.  But for the last eight months, regardless of whether I am eating 'on plan' or not, or whether I'm getting in any cardio, or really paying attention to any other health issues in my life, I have faithfully gone to my twice-weekly workouts.  As a result, I can feel firm muscle developing underneath my slowly disappearing fat, and in general I am just stronger, more flexible and more fit.  Not only am I proud of my new muscles and fitness - I am AMAZED that I have stuck with something for so long.  This gives me hope that I will ultimately attain my weight loss goals and also any other goals I may set for myself - I feel like anything is possible!  Woohoo!

1 comments:

kathyj333 said...

Good for you. And congratulations for sticking with it.

Post a Comment