Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, January 1, 2010

Weekend Trip

Happy New Year everyone!

This morning I am jetting off to Lafayette, Indiana to visit my friend Kim for a few days.  I am incredibly excited for this trip because we haven't been able to get together in a couple years and we always have a great time together.  Kim is a fantastic cook and always seems to know the best restaurants around, so I know there will be many gastronomic pleasures this weekend.

With that in mind, I'm not planning to lose any weight over the next few days - but I'm confident I can maintain.  My strategy is to eat mindfully and enjoy every bite of food and sip of wine, rather than just to shovel things in my mouth without appreciating the flavors and textures.  And of course to stop eating before I am stuffed, so that I can relax and enjoy good conversation after every meal, rather than falling asleep or feeling uncomfortable and sick.  And maybe even sneak in a walk every day, if it's not too cold!

I'll resume posting when I return!

0 comments:

Post a Comment