Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, January 8, 2010

Starbucks!


Oh Starbucks, how I love your latte.  The creamy foam, the bitter coffee, the sweetness of the syrup.  Nobody does it better.

My usual drink is a tall nonfat vanilla latte (or is it vanilla nonfat tall latte?  or tall vanilla nonfat latte?) and I pretty much start every day with one - I stop on the way to work, say hi to my fave baristas, and then relax in vanilla bliss in the car for the rest of the drive to work.  The 80's station on XM makes the experience complete - nothing beats rocking out to 'Livin on a Prayer' prior to a long day of meetings.

But...I don't think I can afford 160 calories for coffee every morning, no matter how much I love it!  So this morning I'm going to try to ease my way out of the latte habit.  New drink: tall nonfat Cafe Misto with 1 shot of syrup.  This still gives me 6 oz of milk plus my sweet vanilla fix, and comes in (according to the website) at about 80 calories. Hey - that fits in with my morning 80's theme!  I think this new partnership was meant to be.

1 comments:

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Glad you like it and were able to find a substitute! :)

Post a Comment