Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Attacks of Happiness

Does anyone else get hit occasionally with random attacks of happiness, just out of the blue and for no good reason whatsoever?  I know what you're thinking...ShrinkingJill, you might want to think about cutting back on the wine with breakfast...but I'm serious!  It happens most often when I'm driving by myself or just generally letting my thoughts drift, and sometimes I just feel so incredibly content that I think I'll never be unhappy again - like it doesn't matter that I'm 100 pounds overweight, that I can't stand my job, that I have so many unresolved personal issues - I just sort of bliss out and am happy just existing.  It's not like this happens daily, or even weekly, but when it does I feel like everything is right with the world and I could tackle any problem that comes my way.

It's such a good feeling, and I just wondered if this happens to anyone else - without chemical assistance, obviously...

In other news, a brand new Whole Foods opened up in my neighborhood today - it's only 3 miles from my house, is at least 3x larger than any of the other ones in the area and has a ROOFTOP GARDEN!  Wahooo!   I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they'll have free Wifi, because I can see myself blogging there all summer with a cup of peppermint tea by my side.

2 comments:

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell said...

Yes.. I get those attacks too.. mostly when I am driving the convertible in the summer!

Vegan Chick Pea said...

The new Whole Foods sounds fantastic! I know they're a bit more expensive than the regular supermarket, but the food is really good and fresh. That's great news!

And yes, sometimes I get random attacks of happiness too. But it's usually after I do something good or when I think or something random that makes me smile.... sometimes when I shouldn't be smiling... like when I'm 25 minutes in on the ellyptical!

Post a Comment