Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Watersports

I think that the most challenging piece of triathlon training will be the swim.  Although I was on the swim team for a year in high school, it has been years since I have done more than just splash around in the water.  This past weekend I did 200 yards in the pool at the gym and was so winded that I had to rest after every other lap!  I'll approach this the way I came at the 3-Day training - one step (or stroke) at a time.  First goal, to swim 200 yards without taking a break.  Ultimate goal, to swim 1000 yards at a decent pace.  First step, get back in the pool this weekend and swim some laps!!!

To help motivate me to train, I ordered a fun swim cap:

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, Jill , you're really going for the triathlon, huh? Good for you! I'm getting my butt back to the gym tomorrow, so let me know if there's any work out support I can give you! Well, except for swimming - I just don't think that's for me!

Jill said...

Yup - I'm gonna do my best to make it happen - maybe we can do some early morning spin classes together at the FW LA Fitness...

Post a Comment