Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, December 25, 2009

Be Your Own Santa

Right this moment my husband and I are the only ones awake and moving around in the house - hopefully the rest of the family will be up soon.  We traveled to Rhode Island this year, and the youngest person in the house is my sister's son - 24 years old - so the traditional Christmas excitement has been replaced by sleeping luxuriously late and relaxing over coffee before diving into the presents.

This year my Christmas list was pretty light - I am trying my absolute best not to acquire new things (except books!) and instead requested spinning classes, spa gift certificates and the like.  But my real Christmas list can't be delivered by Santa, wrapped and put under the tree:  the strength to make permanent healthy changes in my behavior.  Nope, I have to be my own Santa this year to make that happen!

Hope all of you have a great holiday season - and here's to peace, joy and kindness to old friends and new in the coming year!

1 comments:

Julie - Big Girl Bombshell said...

I agree totally! I did the same thing today! I gave myself presents in the form of commitment.

Post a Comment