Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, December 18, 2009

Poison

I've been trying to get a few things out of my life this year - things that I consider poisonous to my body in one way or another.  Artificial sweeteners are gone (almost 8 weeks now!).  I'm slowly eliminating processed foods from my diet, and I've been trying to stop drinking bottled water as well.  This last one was a New Year's Resolution which I have been about 70% good at keeping.  But there are those times (and they are becoming more frequent over the past few months) where I have forgotten my Nalgene bottle or I'm not near a source of tap water, and I'm thirsty.  So I give in and buy a bottle of (usually overpriced) water.  And vow to be better next time.

Today I read this post from EatingJourney that has renewed my vow to stop buying individual water bottles.  Not only is bottled water bad for me, but it is sooooo bad for the environment.  Please read it and think twice next time you are tempted to buy a bottle of water, or soda, or Gatorade...just think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment