Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Tidying up some bits and pieces this morning!  In no particular order:

Thanks to Jules of Big Girl Bombshell for the Beautiful Blogger Award!  I was so flattered to receive it - right back at ya Jules!  Please check out her blog - there's lots of good food for thought and her new site design looks awesome!

This morning I'm trying to recreate some of the Miraval recipes, specifically the black rice & edamame salad, and the asparagus/proscuitto appetizer.

I used this recipe for the salad, and it came out beautifully.  Not exactly like the Miraval version but pretty close.  Yum!  No need for a recipe to make the appetizer - I just blanched the asparagus and wrapped it up in the proscuitto.  Double yum!

Yesterday I discovered the make-your-own-trail-mix bar at Whole Foods.  I made mine with walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame sticks, dates, currants, dried ginger, chocolate chips and m&ms.  Triple yum!

Now I'm off to Barnes & Noble to write my next bog post for iecycle.org - if I stay home to write I'll eat my way from one end of my kitchen to the other.  I'm writing about organic lawn care this time around - hard to imagine taking care of a lawn with all this snow around, but spring will be here before we know it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment