Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ruby

Does anyone else out there watch Ruby?  I've seen the show once or twice but haven't really gotten into it.  However, there was nothing else to watch on the treadmill this morning so I ended up watching most of the season opener. 

First of all, I applaud her for coming from 700 pounds down to 350 - that is a truly exceptional accomplishment and I'm always in awe of people who can make that kind of commitment.  But one topic of this week's show really bothered me: eating addiction.  When she was talking to her therapist, Ruby seemed completely unaware that she has a food addiction!  I can't imagine going through the process of losing 350 pounds and not coming to terms with that fact.  Clearly there is a lot more going on with Ruby than she is consciously aware of, and by the end of the show it looked like she was getting the help she needed, but I was left with a sense of amazement at just how deeply subconscious most of our daily choices and habits must be.  Wow.  Best of luck to Ruby in her journey - she definitely caught my attention with this episode and I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season to see how this story turns out.

1 comments:

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell said...

Yes I watch Ruby. It is fascinating. The earlier episodes are just like any other diet. Diet, exercise, many people involved and now she is at a point of subconscious sabotage. I posted about her show the other day.
If you have cable, you can check out past shows on the On demand.

Post a Comment