Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Friday, February 26, 2010

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow - Final Thoughts On Miraval

My last few hours at Miraval were uneventful - I packed up, had breakfast, picked up my boxed lunch and caught the shuttle to the airport.  On the way there I watched the scenery roll by and reflected on my visit:

This was one of the best vacations I've ever taken.  Everything was just perfect - the food, the accommodations, the scenery, the spa, the lectures - you name it, it was perfect.  But the best part was the focus on fitness - as someone who struggles to fit exercise into her schedule it felt positively decadent to work out several times a day at my leisure.  I also learned that healthy food can be incredibly tasty and I've already requested the Miraval cookbook from the library so I can try out some recipes on my own.

Upon my arrival in Philly I caught the train to the suburbs where Ken met me with a nice warm car.  At home I crawled into bed and slept a deep, satisfying, dreamless slumber.  Thursday morning dawned with sore muscles along with excitement about putting my learnings from Miraval into practice.  I had a geat workout with Rena, dropped into Whole Foods to stock up on my favorite fruits and veggies, then headed off to the mall to pick up a BOSU and a new exercise mat for my workout room.

This morning I was greeted with some great news from the scale - I have officially hit the 20-pound mark, which means my time at Miraval gave me a 1.6 pound loss!  This is especially notable since I didn't count calories during my stay, rather I tried to make good choices and eat according to my body's needs.  The food was so flavorful that I didn't need to eat a lot to feel satisfied, and I was so busy going from class to class that food was low on my priority list.  What a nice change to come home from a vacation weighing less than when I left!

Overall I would recommend Miraval to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation, a jump start to their fitness routine or diet, or even someone just looking for some great spa treatments!  The resort exceeded my (already high) expectations and delivered a memorable experience that I will never forget.  Thanks Miraval - I hope to come back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment