Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in Control

Ahhhh - after yet another day of eating with reckless abandon (dinner out last night easily exceeded 2000 calories, possibly more, including 4 glasses of wine) - I am back in control today and feeling more like myself. 

Breakfast this morning consisted of whole grain bread with almond butter, and a cup of coffee with non-fat milk.  This is the breakfast that has carried me through the past few months and seems to be the fuel that gets my day started off right.  No more sugary breakfasts for me!  Half of a mango made up my morning snack, followed by a lunch of tuna salad on whole grain bread, a cup of brussels sprouts and cauliflower, a cup of raspberries and a small piece of a Lindor chocolate bar for dessert.  Dinner was a yummy sandwich of french bread, fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, pesto and one slice of bacon.  A scant quarter cup of vanilla ice cream with a tablespoon of chocolate sauce for dessert along with a handful of walnuts for crunch.  A nice well-balanced day including some treats and lots of good food.  Can't even begin to tell you how much less toxic I feel today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment