Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back in the Game?

After a 2-week hiatus, I hopped on the treadmill this morning to try out my new running shoes and see how my hip, knee and ankle would hold up.  Although there was a bit of moaning from my various joints everything held up pretty well!  I made it through a few tentative intervals and decided that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new Brooks Adrenaline GTS10 running shoes!  I purchased them at Fleet Feet a couple weeks back.  Fleet Feet is an amazing store - especially the staff.  After asking me some questions about my running style and any issues I was having (of course I had a long list) they spent a good half-hour helping me find the perfect shoes.  They measured each foot (both sitting and standing), watched me walk barefoot, and brought several different options to try.  They even let me run outside in each pair to see how they felt!  Then they hooked me up with some inserts to help support my high instep and absorb impact when I run.  The shoes felt great this morning - very springy and supportive.  Yay!

Tomorrow Ken and I are participating in an out-and-back party run for ALS in downtown Philly with some friends.  I actually signed us up for the walking portion (only 2 miles) because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to run at all.  My plan is to run some intervals and see how things feel on pavement before I make my final assessment of how well my injuries have healed.  But I have high hopes.

After the run there's a party in the park with good food and beer - can't wait for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment