Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Outdoor Ride!

This morning I decided to get my bike out and ride on the Schuylkill River Trail instead of doing spin class.  Last weekend Ken got my bike tuned up and ready to go, so I took advantage of the good weather and drove to Conshohocken to start my ride.

When I got to the trail head I realized my tires were a little on the flat side.  Since I didn't have a pump with me I just rode slowly and enjoyed the scenery.  It felt great to be outside and getting some exercise for the second day in a row - the fresh air and sunshine were amazing!  I ended up doing about 8 miles in 40 minutes, which is a little over half the distance of the SheRox Triathlon.  The ride back was a bit tougher than the ride out - I didn't think to check the direction of the wind and it was a bit gusty on the return trip.  But there were lots of other people on the trail, the sun was shining and the temperature was in the mid-60's.  A completely and utterly perfect day!  After a quick lunch of tortellini with pesto and a mango for dessert, I'm off to give my dirty car a full-on spring cleaning and then plant some summer bulbs.  Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment