Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Be the change you want to see in yourself - Shrinking Jill

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Out & Back Party Run!

The Out and Back Party Run for ALS was a BLAST!  Our friends, Elizabeth and Doug, rocked the 4-mile run, with Doug setting a PR for himself!  Woohoo!  Ken was kind enough to accompany me on the 2-mile walk, which I treated as an interval run.  My hip was feeling good and I managed nine minutes of jogging (spread out over five intervals).  It felt great to be running in a group, at sunset, with Boathouse Row as a backdrop.  After the run we headed over to the fabulous Lemon Hill Mansion for the par-tay.  There was great beer, lots of food and a rockin band, along with about 1500 people.  Definitely a fun time and I plan to sign up for next year's run.  However, next year I will do the 4-mile run and I'd like to finish in under 40 minutes.

Sadly, when I woke up on Saturday morning my hip was on FIRE.  It feels better today, but I definitely overdid it on Friday night and have decided to give in and call a doctor, in hopes that she can tell me what the problem is and give me some suggestions.  Stretching and rest just doesn't seem to be working and it's very hard to ice that area since it's, um, well-padded.

Today I was planning to ride my bike to the pool, but it is raining cats and dogs so I'll just drive to the pool instead.  I'm aiming for a 1500-yard swim today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment